Silverlight is a media plugin for Mac and PC web browsers from Microsoft that helps you run rich internet applications. It will deliver the best 9Now video experience.
Silverlight is supported on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers. Mobile users will not need Silverlight to access 9Now content.
You can download Silverlight directly from Microsoft
Please visit Microsoft’s Silverlight FAQ Page
Once you have downloaded Silverlight please ensure that it has been enabled.
- Click the Tools drop down menu and select Add-ons. This will open the Mozilla Firefox Add-ons Manager
- Select Add-ons
- Choose Plugins
- Locate the Silverlight plugin
- If it’s disabled, click Always Activate
For Internet Explorer:
- Press the Alt key on your keyboard
- Click the Tools menu at the top of the browser window
- Select Manage add-ons
- Choose Toolbars and Extensionsfrom Add-on Types
- Select All Add-onsfrom the dropdown menu
- Click on Microsoft Silverlight
- If disabled, click Enable
- Open Safari and select Preferences.
- Click the Security tab button on the top of the preferences window.
- Click the Manage Website Settings. The security sub-panel will open.
- Select Silverlight from the left hand list.
- In the right hand drop down list select two options;
- Select Allow Always.
- Select Run in Unsafe Mode - then click the Trust button to confirm the action.
- You will now be informed that Silverlight is set to run in unsafe mode. This is expected.